Canada’s Omni TV Italian Edition (Rogers Digital Media) broadcast a short piece about thyroid disease on May 26th, 2022.
It was originally intended for broadcast on World Thyroid Day, May 25, 2022.
It includes segments of interviews:
- Lauri Martin, volunteer, the Thyroid Foundation of Canada,
- Tania Sona Smith, president of Thyroid Patients Canada,
- Prof. Constantin Polychronakos, Endocrinology & Metabolism, McGill University, Montreal.
Interviewees are speaking in English, and OMNI journalist Teresa Romano provides the narration in Italian.
- Video online on Omni TV at https://www.omnitv.ca/on/it/videos/patologie-della-tiroide-limportanza-di-una-diagnosi-accurata/
- Video on Facebook at https://fb.watch/dfRfIxz5wj/
Thyroid Patients Canada links
- Thyroid Patients Canada’s Change dot org Petition: Include thyroid disease in Canada’s chronic diseases list (the prelude to an official House of Commons federal petition to be presented by an MP)
- Read more about Tania S. Smith’s experience as a thyroid patient and what she brings to her role as president of Thyroid Patients Canada:
Transcript and/or translation request
Can anyone make a transcript of the broadcast, or at least a translation of the Italian speech by the journalist? If so, email to email@example.com or add it as a comment under the post. If or when we receive a transcript, we can integrate it within this post.
Summary in Italian
Le disfunzioni della tiroide sono poco trattate, ma ne soffrono moltissime persone, la cui vita è complicata da una diagnosi che arriva spesso in ritardo perché alcuni sintomi vengono sottovalutati o addirittura considerati normali. Ne abbiamo parlato con Lauri Martin della Thyroid Foundation of Canada, e Tania Smith, presidente di Thyroid Patients Canada.